This simple little game works for a very quick diversion. Each game takes less than 5 minutes to play.
This game is especially fun in Table Top Role Playing Games, since everyone already has dice.
Imagine yourself in a tavern, and your character wishes to play poker, but instead of having to roleplay the whole poker game, why not just play a quick game? This way, dice a still part of the game and you can roleplay an actual poker-ish game.
- 2 or more people may play.
- Each one needs a set of 5 dice.
Levels of game play:
- Novice: 4 sided dice, 2 turns
- Amateur: 6 sided dice, 2 turns
- Intermediate: 8 sided dice, 3 turns
- Advanced: 10 sided dice, 3 turns
- Expert: 12 sided dice, 4 turns
- Master: 20 sided dice, 4 turns
- First player rolls 5 dice.
- After rolling, he chooses which dice to keep and which ones he’s going to re-roll.
- Then the second player does the same.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all turns have been completed (depending on the level of play)
- Compare both dice pools, and the player with the best pool wins.
Dice pool order (in descending order):
- Five of a kind (all five dice are the same number)
- Four of a kind (four of the dice are the same number)
- Straight (all five dice follow a sequence, for example, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Full house (three of a kind and a pair)
- Three of a kind (three dice are the same number)
- Two pair
- Pair (two of the dice are the same number)
- High dice (highest number dice)
Hello fellow players, if you like my material and would like to donate any amount, I have a Patreon page, any amount will help out and there are many different rewards for my patrons!
Remember to check out my Youtube Channel where I review Table Top RPGs, showcase my designs and do a couple of other stuff.